[Magnolia, Texas, 8/23/2022] — Residential Recycling and Refuse of Texas, Inc. has been named to the winning list of Nextdoor’s 6th annual Neighborhood Favorites, an awards program recognizing local businesses committed to helping their neighborhoods thrive. Winners of the 2022 Neighborhood Favorites were determined based on the number of neighbor recommendations a local business receives on Nextdoor across various categories.
“On Nextdoor, small businesses are a trusted and core member of the community. These local businesses go above and beyond to make their neighborhoods a kind, welcoming place. It is a true honor, and good for business, to be voted a Neighborhood Favorite by your most loyal customers — neighbors.” said Nextdoor CEO Sarah Friar.
With more than 55 million business recommendations from neighbors, Nextdoor connects neighbors with each other and everything nearby.
“We know that this is a great honor to be in this group of businesses. A most sincere thank you to all our customers that took the time to acknowledge our company and the great effort put forth by our employees. Our goal has always been to provide a service above and beyond customer expectation. We know we’re not perfect, but we will always make it right, if given the opportunity. Thank you again to our valuable customers for this extreme honor.” said RRRTX Owner, Carleen Wolff.
The complete list of winning businesses in each city is available at nextdoor.com/favorites.
There will be no garbage collection service this Saturday, January 1.
Garbage collection service will resume on the next regular scheduled collection day which is Wednesday, January 5.
Provided free of charge by Residential Recycling and Refuse of Texas.
Harris County Water Control and Improvement District No. 96
Date: Saturday, September 25th, 2021
Location of Event: The Park at Fall Creek
7930 Fall Creek Bend, Humble, Texas 77396
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Items We Accept
- Personal computers
- ***TV’s ($25.00 disposal Fee)
- Keyboards, mouse, and speakers
- Switches & routers
- Cords & cables
- Game consoles
- Small kitchen appliances
- Computer monitors including: LCD, LED, Plasma Free (***CRT $10.00 disposal fee)
- Hard drives
- Car batteries
- Electrical Tools
- Memory chips & jump drives
- Hubs and routers
- Tape drives
- Electronic Toys
- Holiday electrical items
- Electronic novelty items
- Printers, copiers, and plotters
- Fax machines
- Rechargeable batteries
- Cell phones
TV’s accepted – with fee of $25.00 each for disposal
CRT Monitors accepted – with fee of $10.00 each for disposal
Items Not Accepted
- CFL light bulbs
- Major appliances
- Motor Oil
- Aerosol Containers
- Medical Waste
- Hazardous Waste (other than batteries)
- AA, AAA, C, D and 9-volt batteries
Due to the inclement weather, Residential Recycling and Refuse of Texas will not be collecting trash or recycling tomorrow.
The recycling pick up day in WCID 96 will be changing from Saturday to Wednesday starting Wednesday, January 6. Regular trash collection will still continue on both Wednesday and Saturday. The final Saturday recycling collection will be on Saturday, January 2. Recycling collection on Wednesdays will begin on Wednesday, January 6. Everything else about recycling and trash collection will remain the same.
The recycling and trash provider requested this change because there are more cars parked on the street and more people (especially children) walking about on Saturday compared to Wednesday, so they think it will be safer and more efficient to collect the recycling on Wednesday and only have one set of trucks run through the neighborhood (collecting trash) on Saturdays and have both sets of trucks (recycling and trash) run through the neighborhood on Wednesday instead. Also, some residents miss getting their recycling picked up on Saturday when they go out of town for the weekend, and now they will find it easier to make the Wednesday recycling collection. Having the double recycling runs for the week of transition right after the holidays will also help clear the holiday recycling volume. There will be pick up on both Saturday, Jan. 2 and Wednesday, Jan. 6.
As a reminder, WCID 96 covers Fall Creek west of Wilson Road plus Heather Glen. The rest of Fall Creek on the east side is in MUD 49.
In observance of Independence Day, there will be no service on Saturday, July 4th. Trash collection will resume on the next scheduled service day.
- Trash service days are Wednesday and Saturday.
- Items must be placed curbside by 7:00 am.
- Yard waste, and bulk items will be collected curbside.
- Residents must provide their own trash container – any size, shape or color is acceptable.
- All trash and yard waste should be placed in sturdy plastic bags weighing no more than 40 pounds each.
- All branches and tree trimmings should be no more than 3 inches in diameter and no longer than four (4) feet in length. Bundles must be securely tied and weigh less than (40) forty pounds each.
- Bulk items/heavy trash will be picked up on Wednesday and Saturday. There is a limit of one item per household per pick up day.
- Excluded items: It is illegal to transport any hazardous waste in a trash truck and dispose of it in a landfill. Hazardous waste includes: medical waste, toxic or radioactive waste, any appliance containing Freon, acids, car batteries, dead animals, and chemicals of any kind, car parts, car tires, and construction trash (includes concrete, large quantities of carpeting, fencing, rolls of carpet or any construction type material or debris). Other excluded items include: Large pieces of glass (must be broken down in smaller pieces and placed in a closed box and labeled), metal items, improperly contained animal waste (animal waste must be placed in a sealed bag to be serviced).
- Excluded Liquid Waste – Toxic or radioactive waste, Freon, paint, acids, petroleum products or filters are not accepted, cooking oil, or chemicals of any kind.
- Any CFC (Freon) item must be properly tagged by certified technician that all Freon has been properly removed in accordance with the Federal Clean Air Act regulations. If items are not tagged, they will be left at curb.
- Bulk items which are too large for Contractor to put in with the normal weekly pickup may be collected separately upon request. Party requesting service will be billed separately at a negotiated price depending on size, quantity and handling required to remove and dispose of item(s).
- Holidays observed are: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If the holiday falls on a scheduled pickup day, service will be the next day.